For our growing Netherlands operations, we are looking for a Compliance Officer to join our team in the Netherlands. We offer you the possibility to work independently with direct reporting lines to management, at a young and dynamic financial services provider. AMS Financial Group is a leading provider of financial, corporate, secretarial, and regulatory services. AMS now occupies a global position, with offices in the major financial jurisdictions worldwide. AMS was founded on delivering excellent and tailor-made services to its clients. We take a professional and friendly approach, building long-term relationships based on trust and reliability. Our hands-on approach to operations and management enables us to build and maintain close relationships with our clients.
We are looking for somebody who is entrepreneurial, confident, structured and organized, accurate, self-motivated and able to work independently.
As a Compliance Officer, you will work closely with our legal, financial and corporate administrators to ensure that the AMS Financial Group can maintain their continued growth, by ensuring that they comply with applicable laws, regulations, supervisory requirements and internal policies and procedures. You are responsible for identifying and assessing the compliance risks faced as well as assisting in the management and monitoring of these risks. As Compliance Officer you will operate in the second line of defense with direct reporting lines to the management.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Having in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of the regulatory landscape, including but not limited to WTT, WWFT, WFT, sanctions law and GDPR.
- Acting as the contact person for Dutch regulatory authorities.
- Advising on client acceptance.
- Monitoring integrity risks for the total Dutch operations.
- Monitoring compliance with legislations, procedures, policies, including the procedures manual.
- Validating all KYC/AML requirements are met to accept new clients including assessing documentation and risk analysis.
- Validating all KYC/AML requirements are met on existing client files, including periodic risk assessment and assisting with transaction monitoring.
- Ensuring that internal group policies and procedures are in line with local legislation, regulations and standards.
- Informing and advising management about the impact of and changes in local legislations and regulations, best practices or compliance themes in general, including recommendations regarding potentially identified shortcomings or defects in compliance with provisions set by or pursuant legislations, procedures, policies and/or integrity risks, including reporting on the effectiveness and timeliness of the proposed improvement measures.
- Providing training to staff and informing on compliance topics.
- Delivering quarterly compliance reports to management.
Our ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- You hold a Master’s degree in a business, law or finance related field.
- You more than 8 years of experience in the financial (trust) service industry with a proven track-record in Compliance.
- Knowledge of recent legislative developments.
- You are fluent in English, speaking and understanding Dutch is considered an advantage.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You are pro-active and well structured.
- You are hands-on and have a can-do mentality.
Working at AMS Financial Group means indulging yourself in our core values and becoming a part of a global group with a local personal touch. Practically this job offers the following benefits:
- Proper financial compensation based on your qualifications and experience.
- Ability to work in a personal and highly motivated environment.
- Ability to work in an environment that supports personal growth and a balanced professional and personal life.
- Opportunity to make a real impact for our team and business.
- Possibility for working-from-home as well as working at the office (Amsterdam and Amersfoort).
- New state of the art office with exceptional facilities.
- New company laptop.
Please apply via our LinkedIn page here